Drs. Kolnes and Khoury are Certified Invisalign Preferred Providers in Milpitas, CA
Invisalign is an alternative to braces using advanced technology to move teeth with clear aligners. By using a series of aligners, each set is designed to straighten teeth in a predictable way.
Invisalign can treat crowding, teeth with gaps, overbites (deep bite), excessive overjet, edge to edge bite, open bite, and a narrow arch. We offer a free evaluation at our Milpitas dental office to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign treatment.
Why Invisalign treatment?
- Faster treatment: With weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster. Depending on your response to treatment, particularly in mature adults, Drs. Kolnes and Khoury may consider longer periods between aligner changes.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners
- Better fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Efficient: Treatment with Invisalign typically takes about nine months to one year—much faster than with traditional braces.
- Virtually invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, since you only need to visit our Milpitas dental office every six to eight weeks.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Your First Consultation
At your initial consultation at Montague Dental Excellence, Dr. Kolnes or Dr. Khoury will discuss your orthodontic needs and evaluate whether Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Your Custom Treatment Plan
We will use a scanner such as the iTero® digital scanning system to create fast, precise 3D digital images of your teeth. Then we will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and how long your treatment will be. You’ll even get to see how your teeth will move and preview your new smile.
Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Your custom-made aligners will be made of Invisalign’s proprietary SmartTrack® material. They’re virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them during your teeth straightening.
You will need to wear the aligners 22 hours a day and make sure to keep all appointments with Drs. Kolnes and Khoury. You also need to keep your teeth clean by brushing and flossing.
As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth will gently and gradually shift into place. Dr. Kolnes and Dr. Khoury may recommend that you begin wearing a new set of aligners every week and schedule checkups every six to eight weeks or so.
Taking Care of Your New Smile
When your treatment is complete, ask us about a Vivera® retainer. Vivera retainers are custom-made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign clear aligners.
To learn more about the Invisalign system and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our Milpitas dental office. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a smile that’s made to move!
For more information on Invisalign, you can visit the Invisalign website.